YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- An MTC application form (Download our Intern Application [pdf])
- A cover letter indicating your four areas of interest
- A résumé including administrative and theatrical (if applicable) experience
- One letter of recommendation (employers, professors, etc.)
All applicants should watch the videos below for tips on writing a great résumé and cover letter!
All material should be addressed to Intern Coordinator. Please submit your application only once by one of the means below; please, no duplicate submissions.
The Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program
Manhattan Theatre Club
311 West 43rd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10036
- Applications for the Fall semester Internships must be received by the second Friday in July.
- Applications for the Winter/Spring semester Internships must be received by the second Friday in November.
- Applications for the Summer Internships must be received by the second Friday in March.
Please note this is a “received by” deadline, not a postmark deadline.
Additionally, a late letter of recommendation will render the entire application late.
Applications submitted after the above deadlines are not typically considered.
Once we have received your application, our office will be in touch to confirm receipt of your materials, request additional information, and/or set up an interview. Please note that some departments require an in-person interview, though phone interviews can be arranged in some cases. Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm. We do not conduct interviews in the evenings or on the weekends. Interviews begin approximately 7 days after the application deadline and can continue for up to 2 months. Please keep this time period in mind when you are filling out your application.