YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- An MTC application form (Download our Intern Application [pdf])
- A cover letter indicating up to three areas of interest. You can address it to “Dear Intern Coordinator”
- A résumé including administrative and theatrical (if applicable) experience
- One letter of recommendation (employers, professors, etc.)
All documents must be supplied as a PDF or Word Doc.
All applicants should watch the videos below for tips on:
- Writing a great résumé
- Writing a killer cover letter
- Interviewing successfully
Manhattan Theatre Club offers a limited number of living allowances that can be used as a supplement to weekly compensation. Click here to read more
All material should be addressed to Intern Coordinator. Please submit your application only once by one of the means below; please, no duplicate submissions.
The Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program
Manhattan Theatre Club
311 West 43rd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10036
- Applications for the Fall semester Internships must be received by 11:59pm EDT on the first Friday in July.
- Applications for the Winter/Spring semester Internships must be received by 11:59pm EST on the first Friday in November.
- Applications for the Summer Internships must be received by 11:59pm EST on the first Friday in March.
Once we have received your application, our office will be in touch to confirm receipt of your materials, request additional information, and/or set up an interview. Please note that some departments require an in-person interview, though phone interviews can be arranged in some cases. Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm EST. We do not conduct interviews in the evenings or on the weekends. Interviews begin approximately 7 days after the application deadline and can continue for up to 2 months. Please keep this time period in mind when you are filling out your application.